Nowadays, each of us emails a lot, but our emails often do not become important to the sender, so we do not get a reply to many emails.
Today we will learn how to email, and what we need to pay special attention to.
Follow these email writing tips and tricks to write a professional email.
“Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale.”
By David Newman
So, let’s know email writing properly at any stage and fixes the common mistakes.
Create a Formal Email Id
Email-id is another identity of a person because it’s a unique address to a person. So, before choosing a random email id make sure about it has contained with your name.
If your name is not available completely then you can use numeric value, it can be your year of birth or any 2-3 serials number.
For a company or an Institute, you can use Year of Establishment with its name as a suffix.
“Don’t use the keyword in your mail id like -rock, guru, boss, lovely, hero, etc.”
For personal email, you should use a formal profile picture. And before you upload a picture you should follow the instructions-
- You can use the picture with a formal dress; it’s maybe a company’s, school, or a simple single color dress.
- Use a single color background (White, blue), don’t use any scenery as background.
- The uploaded picture should not have any expression which looking occurred, just a simple smile.
- For company email, you can use a company’s logo or if you’re a client you can your picture with the company’s logo.
Let’s dive into Email Writing Guide
To write a professional email you should follow some basic steps. So, let’s see the steps-
First we will leave the place of “To” completely empty and go to the place of Subject.
This is because if we make a mistake in writing the email, if we press enter, then our incomplete email will burn to the sender. And if we send that email to an Administrator on an official matter, then it will be very bad for us, that is, the reason why I wrote the email will get the importance rate.
33% of email recipients open an email based on the subject line, either it’s required or spam. And 69% of email recipients report email as SPAM based on the subject.
So, write a meaningful subject to attract reader’s attraction thinking immediately about your mail.
In that case, we will not use any special words, in just a few words we will highlight the reason for our main statement below. We will finish our topic in as few words as possible.
Here are some tips to write exactly like a professional-
“Meeting: At James Hotel at 9 O’clock”
“[Urgent]: Send This Month’s Report ASAP”
“Resolve the Server Issues”
“Application for Job at your Office”
“Application for Sick Leave”
“Requesting for Monthly Statement”
“Approval Letter for Distributorship”
Composing a Business Email or official email then start your mail with an appropriate salutation.
Here some example of the different situations:
In Email Body, we need to highlight what we want to convey or what we are writing for through this email. A lot of times we confuse our emails with letter writing, which is completely wrong. In the email, I will highlight only our most important words in a limited sentence.
For a proper email, you should follow just a few methods, what to do and what not to do:
And also we should follow some basic text formats as well, and here I disclosed my all techniques I follow to get 100% success rates.
- Color: For a formal email you should use anyone color and black is most recommended. But if you want hyperlink a text then you can use blue, and yellow to highlight any color. Don’t use any color which will make difficulties for your recipients.
- Font Family: For all email user’s most recommended font styles are “Arial, Sans Serif, Georgia “.
- Font Size: For email writing, font size should contain within 11-14 px (Normal).
- Formatting: To highlight any text you can use B (Bolt) tag, I (Italic), U (Under Line).
- Alignment: Always use left alignment for all types of mail. For a long paragraph, you can use Justify Alignment if you can.
- Attachment: If you are sending more than 3 files then you can compress your files to a single file, which will help you to send them at once and your recipients also to download them at once.
- Link Building: If you have to mention or add any link, and the link is too long then you can use the hyperlink method to mention the same link.
- Emoji: For professional emails, you should strictly avoid emoji.
After completing your main topic and problems, now you can add another sentence to clarify your final need or result.
For professional email, you should use the closing tag very simple and formal. Ignore the difficult phrase to become more famous 🙂
Sincerely, Warm Regards, Thanks & Regards, Yours Truly, etc.
Recipient’s Address (To Section)
Now, finally we will cover the To or Recipients sections.
In this section we have 3 major topics to know. For a fresh email, we have to put the email recipient’s email Id that’s all.
But there also have two more features that we need to know, and in corporate sector or business we should know them accordingly.
First on is CC, this means carbon copy, and if we put someone’s email is there, then a same to same copy will be forwarded to that email id. But here one thing to notice, the primary recipients will know that this email is also sent to other person, and also he can follow the CC recipients as well.
But, if we do this as BCC, then the email will forward to the BCC recipients, but the primary recipient’s won’t know that this email is shared with others or not. Means the BCC will work as Blind Carbon Copy. Only sender and BCC recipients will know about each others.
Normally we do it to avoid some privacy purpose, suppose we are informing someone’s deadline time and also want to inform the Head of department that the email is sent to that person to let him know that his deadline is coming soon.